Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is this thing on?

This week we explored tools for creating podcasts and discussed ways to build learning communities to facilitate interaction and critical thinking. With all these tools available, what are the implications for changing the way we work, teach and learn?  What is preventing us from such changes? If you could wave a magic wand, what would you change and why?



I really enjoyed this week's exploration of podcasts. I create how to videos quite frequently for teachers and administrators. I never actually thought of those as podcasts or vodcasts. As I looked through the tools on the elearning wiki I learned that you can post podcasts on RSS feeds. What a genius idea! This would be a great place to put refreshers or tutorials for ongoing professional development needs. If I had a magic wand… I would have a pod/vodcast on each piece of information teachers see. Teaching tips, classroom management examples… you name it! What a great on-demand resource for teachers. I'd love to stay and write more but I want to go do a search on itunes for teaching podcasts. Bye!

Below is an example of a how to vodcast I created for some of the teachers using our program.


Printing a Lesson


 

No comments:

Post a Comment